Tetra Tech has provided multi-discipline engineering, consulting, and licensing services to clients in the commercial nuclear industry for the past 40 years. Tetra Tech has internationally recognized credentials in the areas of nuclear licensing, analysis, regulatory program support, design, and project management, as well as expertise in many other areas. We are able to harness the services and skill sets as part of the broader Tetra Tech, with more than 14,000 staff in 350 offices worldwide.
today to find out what we can do for you and your project.
Our nuclear expertise provides insights into the challenges and difficulties being faced by the operators and support crews at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station as they recover from the effects of an earthquake, tsunami, and the resulting extended loss of external ac power to the six nuclear units. At the same time, we recognize the robust nature of commercial nuclear power plants in areas of:
- defense-in-depth (multiple barriers to fission product release),
- redundant safety systems with appropriate diversity,
- margin in design to allow safety functional performance in beyond design basis scenarios,
- operator and emergency planning training in beyond design basis scenarios, and
- flexibility to address all manners of externally induced severe accident events.